Decorative Fall Hay Bale


As I transformed my home this week into a fall scene of yellows, oranges and reds, I learned two things. One: Leave floral arrangements to the professionals, they now what they are doing. And two: I have absolutely no idea how to make a beautiful bow. You know, one of those big bushy ones that are so pretty on wreaths and bouquets? Well, whether it was a success or not, (I’ll let you decide) I attempted to give both a try! With the help of my overly helpful two-year old, I put together a decorative Fall Hay Bale for display outside my front door.

First, I gathered all the necessary supplies needed to complete the project.  One mini craft hay bale, a variety of fall colored silk flowers, some wire ribbon and a pumpkin. Choose whatever suits your fancy! I love sunflowers so I picked a couple of them and chose the rest of the silk flowers and colors to coordinate with the sunflowers.  I also picked up a few fall leaf stems as well to put into the mix. While you’re at it, make sure you have a good pair of wire clippers or floral clippers on hand because cutting through silk flowers can be quite difficult some times.
Then it was time to get to work! While you are working with these little craft bales, only cut off the top portion of plastic wrap where you will be placing the floral stems. They are extremely messy and shed like crazy!

Start by placing a few of the larger floral stems. Place in the pumpkin where you would like it and then fill in the spaces with your smaller stems.  Look at my little helper there isn’t he cute!

 
 
When you have the arrangement the way you like, unwrap the remainder of the plastic wrap (make sure you have a dustpan close by!) and wrap it with your ribbon and attach a bow. Now, like I said, I CAN NOT tie a bow to save my life! So I just did a real simple bow for the front. This is a great link to a tutorial I am still practicing with. If you have any other tutorials you would like to share, please share the link in my comment section! I would love to give them a try!!!
 

What do you think?
Ahh…, Fall, I just love this time of year! What is your favorite thing about fall?  
Pin It!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

I think it turned out pretty cute Dawn!!!

Jenna said...

I love it, so cute!!! Can you make me one and send it to me?!?!

Unknown said...

@Courtney Carmean
Thanks Courtney! I bet you know a thing or two about craft helpers too!

Unknown said...

@Bob and Jenna Jenna, I would love too! But honestly, it took me like 15 minutes to put together and it was sooo easy!

Unknown said...

This is so cute that I just had to Pin it! If I can get it together this week I would love to feature it on my blog :-)

Katie Drane said...

I'm so glad that I'm following you! I love how your hay bale turned out. Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful work:)

Katie
www.funhomethings.com

Unknown said...

Thank you so much! A feature would be amazing! :) I'm so glad you liked it!!!

Unknown said...

Thanks Katie! I always enjoy projects that my little guy can help out with. I'm so glad you liked it! So happy to have you as a follower too!

SherryBee said...

Gorgeous!


Let's Connect

Grab My Button

Raising Kids and Crafting Too

Featured On

A Diamond in the Stuff
craftionary
   

Popular Posts

Followers

Powered by Blogger.