A Matching Work Table


Well I couldn’t very well have a beautiful sewing table sitting there all alone in my craft room without a worktable to match now could I? In one of my recent Saturday Morning Adventures, I came across this solid oak table at a flea market for a STEAL! Completely boring, but a good, solid, sturdy piece of furniture none the less.
 
 
That’s always something you want to look for if you want to give furniture restorations a try yourself.  A piece may have the ugliest shade of orange, or may even be covered in a ton of stickers (one of my upcoming projects :) If you can look past the ugly and see potential, you got yourself a project!

I chose Annie Sloan Chalk Paint in Pure White for the base color for the table. So easy to use, no prep, no sanding, no fuss! AWESOME! Love it!!! I gave it two good even coats, because of the rich color of wood.
 
Kinda look like bowling pins huh? :)
 
Then I taped off the areas I was going to paint as the accents. These areas I painted with some left over Behr Paint and Primer in Gem Turquoise I used on the sewing table. Looking back, I really didn’t need to tape off the areas. I had to go back and do so many touch- ups it wasn’t worth the time it took me to tape it off.  If you have a steady hand, you shouldn’t have a problem doing it on your own.  Skip the painters tape.

It needed something else… So I applied a wall decal I found in a clearance bin at a local craft store to the top of the table.

I gave it a coat of Annie Sloan Clear wax and distressed it up a bit and finished it up with another coat of wax.
 
 
 

There it is all finish up! It's not it my craft room yet, I want to give the wax a few more days to cure before I put anything on top of it, but I am dying to get it in there! What do you think?  I'd love to hear your comments! Thanks for stopping by!
 
Linking up to these great parties! Come check them out!
 
Pin It!

6 comments:

Hooked on Decorating said...

Wow! Another awesome transformation Dawn. You have a gift for sure. Isn't it great that we can take something that's boring and lifeless and make it into something special with a little paint and time? Thanks for sharing. :)

Unknown said...

Thank you so much! It turned out better than I thought it would. I'm still testing new techniques out with the chalk paint, but I'm glad this one turned out so well! I also saw on your blog that you are feeling better too! Thats awesome news! Keep taking care of yourself! Thanks again Carrie!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Casandra said...

Great job! I'm hoping to find something just like this for my sewing room as a cutting table. Dying to try out chalk paint. Your project turned out awesome. thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

@Casandra
Chalk Paint is amazing! I love it! It is so easy to use, no prep, and no sanding! There are also a ton of recipes out there to make your own at home if you want to try that first! I say give it a try! :)

Unknown said...

This looks really great!


Let's Connect

Grab My Button

Raising Kids and Crafting Too

Featured On

A Diamond in the Stuff
craftionary
   

Popular Posts

Followers

Powered by Blogger.